Monday 6 January 2014

Hello. My name is Susy and I have an addiction.

I am addicted to Pinterest.

There. I said it.

Oh my goodness, what did I do before I discovered this amazing, ingenious creation? Well, I fumbled around with Polyvore and cut pictures out of magazines! Sorry Polyvore, my dalliance with you is over and a new love affair has begun.


And I have also just discovered PinCo, to create a collage from your boards. Fantastic!

When my darling daughter is tucked up in bed, the dishes are washed and I can settle onto the sofa with a cup of tea, I can indulge in one of my favourite me-time moments. Since discovering Pinterest, I have created boards from weddings to maternity wear, crafting to Christmas. My latest Pinterest squeeze is a collection of toys, furniture and decorative ideas for Baby Bean's 'Big Girl Room', when she out grows her nursery. I am quite a traditionalist when it come to childhood and a big believer in children being children and enjoying their childhood for as long as possible. I have a big passion for imaginative play and especially wooden toys.


There is one particular wooden kitchen I have fallen for and a wooden doll's house:

John Crane Tidlo Country Play Kitchen

I just love this kitchen, with it's butler's sink, I wonder if they do a grown up, real version? Hmmm...

New in Box Wooden 4 Storey Traditional Georgian Dolls House Kit Pink - 3251 | eBay
The doll's house is 1:12 scale, which fits Sylvanian Families (which I always wanted as a child but I wasn't allowed as they were really expensive!)

I have also discovered a fantastic website called Wooden Toy Shop which sells the most amazing selection of wooden pretend food and kitchenware, amongst other traditional wooden creations.




Okay, so I may be reliving my childhood here, but, oh what fun I am having. It is the perfect window shopping experience!!! It is a long way away yet, and her big girl room needs decorating and furnishing long before she even moves in (it is currently sporting an interesting hand painted fairy woodland mural across one wall and part of the ceiling) but my oh my! What a marvelous little girl bedroom she will have!


No comments:

Post a Comment